Date: Monday 23rd March 2015
Venue: Scarman Training & Conference Centre at the University of Warwick
Speakers: Dr Inger Mewburn (Thesis Whisperer), Dr Nadine Muller, and Andy Tattersall
Social media and digital tools are now a staple of many researcher practices and have brought new dimensions to publishing, finding and organising information, problem solving and results sharing.
But what does it really mean to be ‘a digital academic’? How can you build your online academic profile via social media? Maybe you don’t think you have time or you don’t know what to do first. Do hiring committees actually care about your ‘digital academic impact’?
To help you identify the must-have technologies and tools for being a modern digital academic and the skills to manage them successfully, jobs.ac.uk and Piirus are hosting an exclusive half-day workshop event.
This informative, detailed and practical workshop features a superb line-up of speakers including Dr Inger Mewburn from The Thesis Whisperer, who will share her top tips for building your online academic profile and managing a blog.
Why should you attend?
The event promises to be lively and full of practical tips you can take away and use immediately. Join us and in just one day, you will:
- Learn how to use a blog to increase the visibility of your research
- Learn how to use social media to connect with other academics
- Discover how your digital impact affects your discoverability and career development
- Find out the best digital tools for doing research
Who should attend?
This is a must attend event for PhD students, early career academics and researchers and any staff that support PhDs and researchers.
Registration is only £20 per delegate and includes:
- Access to the full workshop programme
- A three course carvery lunch in the restaurant (vegetarian options available)
- Numerous networking opportunities with the speakers and other researchers
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free parking
Spaces for this one-off event are limited so book your ticket now to reserve your place.
P.S. MEET the Career Girl will continue next week Wednesday…