The Oxford University China-Africa Network (OUCAN) will hold its annual conference on 16 June 2015, from 10.00-18.30 at the China Centre, University of Oxford. Get your tickets here.
The theme for this year’s conference is “Natural Resources in the Changing Landscape of China-Africa Relations“. It focuses on the changing China-Africa relations and the implications of this on resource-rich countries on the African continent, in petroleum production, mining, agriculture and renewable energy.
The conference will bring together a number of distinguished speakers. These include the:
- Executive Secretary of the Economic Commission for Africa Dr Carlos Lopes
- South Sudan’s former Minister of Oil Dr. Lual Deng
- Chief Director at the Ministry of Energy and Petroleum in Ghana Professor Thomas Akabzaa
- Managing Director of Kina Advisory Limited and former Advisor to Tullow Oil, Rosalind Kainyah,
- Dr. Liu Hongwu, Director of the African Studies Centre at the Zheijang Normal University
- Energy Analyst at the International Energy Agency Ali Al-Saffar and others.
Panel discussions will be mediated by Dr. Ricardo Soares de Oliveira, Associate Professor of African Politics at the University of Oxford, Dr. Zhang Haibin of Peking University and visiting scholar at the University of Oxford, among other distinguished academics
For further information on OUCAN, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find other related resources on China-Africa relations here:
If you’d like to promote a coming academic event on Stylish Academic, email email@example.com